Lauren is a consultant for Houston-based MP Studio. Below she’s shares some spring cleaning and spring refresh tips, trends and inspiration. Looking for creative ways to personalize your apartment this season without breaking the bank? Check out MP's work in the creative suite model at SkyHouse River Oaks adjacent to the River Oaks District.
1. I never thought I would give in to a color du jour color – and certainly not pink - but this season, I just can't get enough, from wall paint and fabrics to rugs and accents.
2. Spring not only brings a bloom of beautiful flowers and a few allergies, but also longer happy hours, planting projects and the process of converting closets from cold to warm weather clothes. After you’re done with the last task, head to Cornelius Nursery and buy a fiddle fig tree. Like spring, they're happy, bright and alive.
3. It's cliché, but spring cleaning is a 'thing' for a reason. Throw stuff away, eliminate clutter and ditch the unnecessary accessories. Less really is more. You'll feel better, and your space will too.
4. Frame the tapestry you got on your vacation…the cool one that’s been taking up room in your closet since last summer. Go big in an acrylic box and make it your new favorite statement wall piece.
5. Lighten up your linens. Always wanted to go all white? Now's the time. Best kept secret: Tuesday Morning is notorious for carrying Peacock Alley at Kmart prices.